The absolute pinnacle of BBC loudspeaker design.
The result of a passionate and tireless quest for audio perfection. Built on the success of the global award winning M40.2 40th Anniversary, this new generation Harbeth achieves a leap in performance delivery. Stunning realism, expansive bass and lifelike transparency delivers an ultimate experience for even the cognoscenti
Adaptable to a wide range of listening environments, accurate across the entire audio band, emotionally engaging and easy to drive, the M40.3 XD takes the acclaimed Harbeth sound to a its highest level.
Prepare yourself for true musical indulgence like you have never experienced before.
- Transducer system: 3-way vented: 300mm Harbeth bass unit; 200mm RADIAL2™ mid; 25mm ferro-cooled soft dome tweeter
- Frequency response: 35Hz - 20kHz ±3dB free-space, grille on, smooth off-axis response
- Impedance: 6-8 ohms, easy to drive
- Sensitivity: 86dB/1W/1m
- Amplifier suggestion: Works with a wide range of amplifiers, suggested from 35W/channel.
- Power handling: 650W program
- Connectors: Two 4mm gold-plated binding posts for wires or plugs
- Dimensions: 750 x 432 x 388mm (+12mm for grille and binding posts)
- Finish: Cherry, eucalyptus, rosewood, tiger ebony.
- Space needs: Ideally free-space away from walls.
- Stands: Optimally to bring ears level with tweeters. (Tweeter: 660mm up from cabinet base)
- Weight: 38kg each
- Packing: Single speaker per protective carton
The Monitor 40.2 is now my reference loudspeaker, and so it shall remain for a long, long time to come: I choose the speakers I buy for my personal use very carefully and I do not change them capriciously.